This is from the recent Drawing Club session on Sunday. Bob had set up some interesting lighting. He flooded the model with three light sources, a cool blue (which looked purple on the model), a red, and a yellow. My original goal was to try out my new set of Doc Martin watercolor dyes (given to me by my buddy Eddie) but I only had time to do a quick ink drawing then had to run out. I added the color in Photoshop based on memory. I had this aquatinted color etching on my mind that I had seen previously and tried to replicate that look. I found it strange to emulate the spontaneity and random markings of an etching with a control methodical process in photoshop. Not sure if it was successful but it definitely was fun to try.
The drawing itself was done with a sharpen chopstick and FW acrylic inks. I find it to have plenty of action and holds a considerable amount of ink. It was the cheapest "pen" i had ever used...free from the commissary.